Consumer Insight AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 786118BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2021
You will reside within the Disneyland Resort Consumer Insight Team. This team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities; explores consumer needs with essential segments to inform long-term strategies; and maximizes the guest experience across both parks, hotels and Downtown Disney to build long-term loyalty. You will report to a Consumer Insight Manager and focus on Guest experience insights for the Theme Parks.
Integration and interpretation of data, mining and synthesis, and compelling communications are required to work with partners to solve our challenges. You will need to handle multiple assignments at once, across varied partner groups and complex businesses.
- Demonstrate curiosity – Gather a holistic understanding of the strategic context to inform a more impactful solution.
- Put Your Skills to the Test – Analyze data to test hypotheses and answer business questions. Interpret information to provide objective, clear and applicable insight.
- Exercise leadership - Support consumer insight projects - including all phases of the research process such as needs identification, methodology design, survey design, project management, data mining, and presentation of results, using the proper techniques along the way to provide essential insights and relevant results that address the business opportunities, with guidance from your leader.
- Team up with partners - Foster relationships with internal partners and vendors, managing specific work-streams.
- Tell the story - Communicate findings in a compelling way.
- Prefer 1+ years of relevant experience in a related field (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business analytics, strategic planning, new product development, etc.)
- Experience in project management
- Familiarity with quantitative, qualitative research and statistical techniques
- Experience in use of Excel (can perform complex functions) or Sheets and presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Prefer those comfortable sharing a point of view and advocating for consumers
- Prefer those with an ability to partner and work well with multiple levels
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent – relevant areas include Behavioral Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, Business Economics, Cognitive Science, Neuropsychology.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.