Controls EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 778595BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Design, test, document and sustain hardware and software control systems in the role of Controls Engineer to support Show and Parkwide Systems at the Disneyland Resort and other Disney parks
- Participate in project estimating, scheduling, planning and training
- Work closely with lines of business teams to ensure attraction reliability and safety
- 1-2 years of engineering professional experience, preferably within field of automation or control systems
- Strong understanding of software and computer systems, with willingness to learn new systems
- Strong understanding of electronic principles
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic components and computer-based systems at the hardware, software, and system level
- Able to use necessary field tools: oscilliscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, soldering iron, cable terminator
- Ability to execute the project life-cycle: requirements definition, design, procurement, installation, test, document, train
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines, on short notice and support extended/off-hours when needed to support project or resort engineering issue
- Experience with theme park or industrial control systems with man-machine interface
- Working knowledge of Beckhoff Automation technology, including TwinCAT3 PLC, HMI, and EtherCAT
- Experience with Tait Navigator controls technology
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual concepts relative to cameras, monitors, projectors, amplifiers, speakers, audio processors, video formats
- Experience with PLCs and ladder logic programming
- Experience with high order programming languages
- AUTOCAD skills, able to read schematic and assembly drawings
- Proficiency in MsOffice (Outlook, WORD, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Good working knowledge of Networking principles
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or other appropriate discipline
- BSEE preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.