Cosmetologist - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 865654BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 17, 2022
Cosmetologist Cast Members receive a starting pay rate of $17.50/hr
- Must have the ability to wash and set wigs and recreate a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner.
- Must have the ability to work pin-on and retouches for parades, shows and venues.
- Style wigs and recreate makeup looks to match the approved Corporate design for characters (i.e. Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and appropriate use of styling tools.
- Willingness to join the IATSE labor union.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role with or without reasonable accommodation, including frequent walking and standing; lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 lbs; working with a variety of chemicals on a daily basis including hair spray and cleaning solutions (i.e., shampoo, vinegar, etc).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Training Availability: 6 weeks of full availability will be required immediately following the start date
- Two (2) years of working experience as a licensed Cosmetologist.
- Experience washing and setting wigs.
- Wig or styling experience with synthetic hair.
- Wig or styling experience with human hair.
- Styling experience with period looks.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword; dlrcasting, DLR Casting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.