Cosmetologist - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1138147BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 14, 2023
- Wash, set, and style assigned show wigs
- Recreate specific styles from photos in a clear and defined manner which may involve period looks
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate styling tools to use when working with synthetic and human hair wigs
- Assist with pinning on wigs and retouches for parades, shows, and various Entertainment venues
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Cosmetology license with the state of California
- Willing to join the IATSE labor union
- Lead with a positive attitude and approach challenges head-on
- Enthusiastic about interacting and working with internal Guests/Cast Members
- Follow instruction and take direction and feedback daily
- Complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Self-directed and able to collaborate on a team
- Flexible and adaptable, especially working in a variety of areas, conditions, and changing shift times
- Committed and reliable for scheduled shifts
- Training Availability: Must be fully available for six (6) weeks of training
- For Part Time, must be fully available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and all holidays year-round
- Two (2) years of salon work experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Advanced industry classes/education
- Experience styling synthetic and/or human hair wigs
- Styling experience with theatrical period looks
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; Shifts may start and end any time over a 24 hour day. Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work all holidays and all peak seasons
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs, DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, cosmo, cosmetology, cosmetologist
The pay rate for this role in California is $23.50 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.