Costume Designer - Casual TemporaryApply NowApply Later Job ID 7112432120220220 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Design exclusive Costume Designs supporting the Disney Live Entertainment Costume Design and Development team.
- Design entertainment and operational costumes that enhance immersive storytelling in themed environments. Work closely with show and creative directors from the initial brainstorming phase, through to concepts, mood boards, and renderings.
- Complete in depth clothing, cultural, and story research. Create full color digital renderings. Oversee material selection for all garments and components.
- Provide pattern instruction to the completion of a project with pattern change and costume prototype oversight, including supervision of costume fittings.
- Direct support staff in the development of textile prints and garment construction documentation (technical flat drawings) and Storyboard development.
- Independently provide design decisions that support Park and Resorts functional and safety requirements domestic and international for Character, Entertainment and Operational costume designs.
- Collaborate with Costumers, Project Managers, Character Design and Development, WDI Art Directors, WDI Executives and Disney Live Entertainment Creative Directors, Portfolio Leaders and Show Directors for all artwork presentations.
- Partner with Entertainment and Creative Costuming to ensure costume quality and design is consistently maintained and influence changes for improvement in the design and development.
- Minimum 5 years rendering experience in live show production, Theatre, Film or Fashion Design
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of textile development and garment construction
- Must understand complexity of design and its relationship to production costs
- Demonstrate proficient ability to create renders in Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent software
- Demonstrated strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or Costume Design or equivalent
- MFA in Costume Design or equivalent
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.