Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Costuming Project Analyst Intern DLR: Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742203BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 17, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Handle project assignments autonomously in order to identify, develop, and analyze improvement opportunities that will increase operational efficiency and/or reduce fiscal spending in the Costuming line of business. Manage initiatives, analyze processes, and apply continuous improvement methodologies
Examples of project duties:
- Lead small projects with a duration of less than 6 months
- Develop project charters & manage to a budget
- Collect data and develop metrics to improve effectiveness & efficiency
- Analyze business models to determine best practices
- Develop process standards and conduct training
- Develop, organize and present recommendations to leadership team
- Build relationships and interact with all levels of Cast Members
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role…
- Demonstrated strong communication (written and verbal) through coursework, extra-curricular activities, or professional environments
- Experience handling multiple tasks with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to learn new software applications and analytical tools
- Proficiency with Excel, databases & analytical tools
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Internship or work experience in a project management, process improvement or analytical role
- Leadership role in an extra-curricular program
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student earning a college/university degree in a discipline area of business, project management or analytical studies.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding)
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: For positions based in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, a limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For Anaheim, a limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.