Deployment Tech Support - Project Hire
Anaheim, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 858763BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Job Description
- Must have experience with deployments
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role supporting Windows PCs, Windows servers, networks, etc.
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems and software migrations, backup software, security software.
- Able to build, repair, and troubleshoot PCs from the component level.
- Basic networking understanding including TCP/IP, DNS, FTP.
- Ability to troubleshoot endpoint network communication issues related to misconfiguration, firewalls, ACL’s, routing, etc.
- Intermediate understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies Orchestration, and user rights assignment.
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team.
- Proficient in all forms of communication—especially when conveying technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Communicates using collaborative tools including Microsoft Teams, Slack, Jira, and Gitlab effectively.
- Ability to efficiently resolve computer and operational technology vulnerabilities with varying degrees of complexity.
- Knowledgeable in network and system security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays or in backstage areas that could include dark spaces, elevated walkways, and industrial environments.
- Experience with automated software deployment tools such as Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell commands and scripting.
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience with VMWare Workstation and vSphere.
- Prior experience in an entertainment venue or attractions/theme park industry.
- Prior experience or a strong understanding of how to approach vulnerability remediation and mitigation within an Operational Technology environment.
- Strong understanding of both Show and Ride OT control systems
Required EducationBS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, related software engineering field or equivalent work experience
- MS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, related software engineering field or equivalent work experience
- Certification including A+, Net+, Security +, Manufacturer certifications, or other relevant certifications
- Windows administrator certifications from Microsoft
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.