Digital Program Strategy Manager - Disneyland ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049387 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted May 17, 2023
The Digital Program Strategy Manager will align the vision, strategy and program prioritization for our guest-facing digital products and experiences at the Disneyland Resort in partnership with the technology, finance, commercial, research and operating teams. We ask that you have experience with digital product strategy, digital trends/technologies, consumer research and experience leading and aligning multiple programs and teams. You will be creative, able to determine strategic programs, product concepts, business models, and trends to a variety of audiences.
You will report to the Sr. Manager – Digital Program Strategy and is based in Anaheim, CA at the Disneyland Resort.
- Support the Disneyland digital long-term vision, strategy and program prioritization to support excellent digital experiences that promote Guest satisfaction and revenue.
- Articulate and distill Disneyland Resort needs with partners and technical resources to bring digital products and experiences to the Resort, while evolving and optimizing existing digital products and experiences in partnership with all partners.
- Align resort-wide programs and maintain high-level milestones with multiple disciplines.
- Collaborate with all partners to extend the Disneyland Resort brand positioning, promise, and tone for new programs in the digital space.
- Use market analysis, best practices and benchmarking, latest trends, and lessons learned from previous projects to inform the vision that supports digital products and guest experience.
- Use data and analytics to provide competitive analysis; drive the effectiveness of the proposed digital strategy.
- Shape a supporting organization of direct reports who integrate with technology, commercial, research and operating teams.
- Be a subject matter expert to inform digital product requirements including Cast-facing tools.
- Advocate for new digital products and services and improve existing products and services.
- 6+ years of digital program management, and digital media experience.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Experience developing an integrated business and digital strategy.
- Experience with digital product and marketing knowledge with an understanding and passion for new digital trends and technologies.
- Experience collaborating with partners across multiple teams to achieve results.
- Can simultaneously be a dreamer and facilitator of the digital program for the Disneyland Resort.
- Experience applying user experience principles and digital strategy trends.
- Experience interpreting site analytics and optimizing site performance.
- Understand the Disney audience and Disney experience.
- Experience executing and measuring live tests with consumers.
- Solid business and financial knowledge; ability to instruct and guide team members across these areas.
- Excellent skills with the ability to establish a clear vision and motivate others to develop a team.
- Creative and ability to promote change.
- Experience in the Photography industry.
- Experience with the development of digital products, implementation and management of digital products.
- Experience in digital marketing strategy and/or digital product marketing
- Experience in business development initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of the Disneyland Resort
- Bachelors degree in Technology, Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree in Technology, MBA, Engineering or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
At Disney, we offer a rewards package to help you live your best life! This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim is $92,742 to $124,410 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.