Director - Creative Development & ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 828053BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
The Director of Creative Development and Production with Disney Live Entertainment - Disneyland Resort provides direction, leadership, and oversight of the creative, production and delivery teams for Disneyland Entertainment projects including all stage shows, parades, spectaculars, and special events.
Responsibilities:The Director of Creative Development and Production provides leadership oversight to Disney Live Entertainment teams in the development of world-class entertainment experiences that reinforce the Disney brand, maintain integrity of artistic vision, deliver outstanding Guest experiences, and safely meet operational and financial objectives. As Director of Creative Development and Production, strong partnership and collaboration is required throughout all phases of project lifecycle development including blue-sky, concept design and development, production and delivery. With high level of decision-making and discretion, the Director of Creative Development and Production is accountable for projects and events, including high-profile entertainment product, based at Disneyland Resort and select off-property venues. The Director of Creative Development and Production will partner with Executive Producers, and function as liaison with key Line of Business and Operations stakeholders to advance Portfolio work and as the central filtering point for project team members and other stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Accountability includes direct leadership, succession planning and development of all Disney Live Entertainment Creative Development and Production teams based at the Disneyland Resort, including Producers, Production Managers, Show Directors, Writers, and the Art / Design and Music Teams, and in addition is required to maintain a connection to the broader entertainment organization production teams. Scope includes but is not limited to ensuring the delivery of product show quality and brand integrity for upwards of 100 recurring events across property, 300 plus yearly special events and high-profile capital projects. The leader will direct and oversee the timelines and status of development of treatments, scripts, storyboards, scenic and costume design, music development, and any other creative elements required for theatrical and multi-media, or other projects as assigned. From a financial perspective, the Director of Creative Development and Production is responsible for comprehensive, strategic financial resource planning including IFP (Integrated Facility Planning), AOP planning and allocation and Capital Planning.
- Minimum of 7 years directly related entertainment show production leadership experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Entertainment Show Production and Entertainment Operations
- Demonstrated leadership savvy, professionalism, and sensitivity in responding to input from diverse sources, including executive leaders
- Proven track record of success in creative project team leadership roles
- Proven communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience providing effective leadership across multiple sites and businesses
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a diplomatic and gravitas style
- Ability to lead and influence in a diverse work environment across multiple disciplines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of outstanding creative collaboration and role model for internal partnerships and external relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate to ensure that artistic integrity and vision is maintained throughout the production process
- Demonstrated theme park or other live entertainment experience or equivalent
- Acumen in technical/production disciplines
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Theatrical discipline or equivalent experience
- MFA or MBA in Theater, Production or Entertainment Business-related field or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.