Rooms DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 972790BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
You will report to the General Manager
- Be a representative of the Disney brand and champion the brand's service vision for product and service delivery, ensuring alignment throughout the Rooms division and the Resort
- Foster a positive work environment that builds community and trust and shows the Disney leadership behaviors
- Be a leader and teacher of excellence in Safety, Courtesy, Show, Inclusion, Diversity and Efficiency
- Set and meet financial goals for the Division and respective departments
- Demonstrate and communicate key drivers of guest satisfaction for the hotel brand's target guest
- Oversee all Rooms departments including Front Desk/Guest Services/Rooms Control, Bell/Valet/Door, Concierge/VIP, Housekeeping/Custodial, Recreation/Guest Activities
- Monitor rooms operations sales performance against forecast and budget
- Coach and support operations team to manage occupancy and controllable expenses
- Hold area leaders accountable for achieving expected service and financial results
- Collaborate with the Sales/Revenue management on rates
- Lead and coordinate hotel-focused projects within The Hotels of Disneyland Resort.
- Inspire and motivate both hourly Cast Members and salaried leaders and provide exemplary service to internal and external guests
- Ensure that business strategies are employed to enhance the guest experience
- Monitor and control quality through audit and inspection processes
- Use data, metrics, market analysis, best practices, latest trends and previous experience to lead operational improvements across the division
- Partner with Hotel GM(s) to determine and monitor Goals
- Keep General Manager(s) and operational leadership informed of hotel performance, trends, and areas of improvement and partner with them on establishing corrective measures.
- Have some administrative responsibilities including hiring decisions, performance evaluations, coaching, and scheduling oversight
- Work in and oversee an operation in a hospitality environment that operates 24 hours per day, seven days a week, including holidays where a flexible schedule is required
- Lead succession planning, leadership development and recognition
- Exemplify and model exceptional guest service behavior to guests and Cast
- Support a One Resort mindset to ensure seamless guest experiences
- Leverage the history, heritage and values of the Disneyland Resort to guide new business solutions
- Handle guest opportunities and review guest survey feedback to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken
- Engage with guests and Cast Members to obtain feedback on their experience and make necessary adjustments
- Foster a commitment to excellence and ensure there is engaged participation in daily roll-call and staff meetings
- Champion change, ensuring Disney brand projects are implemented and communicated
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Hotel GM
- Partner with the Hotel Strategy Team and project managers on large-scale projects from conception, through launch, into post-launch analysis/tweaking, to include new hotel concepts, renovations or other creative projects.
- 7+ years of hotel operations experience
- 5+ years at the Director level in Hotel Operations/Rooms overseeing multiple business departments
- Experience working in a luxury, rated environment such as Forbes Travel Guide Star Ratings, AAA Diamond Ratings, Relais & Châteaux, etc. and intimate understanding of achieving service standards
- Guest service skills
- An understanding of union environments, union rules and compliance
- A passionate advocate for change, innovation and continuous improvement and development
- Experience developing and executing strategy, and delivering measurable results
- Leadership experience to provide leadership in a multi-year growth plan
- Analytical skills and experience with data analytics
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team-setting with peers, partners, clients and colleagues
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and coaching skills to address internal and external challenges
- Experience with the delivery of projects with business impact
- Handle capital, construction and beautification projects within your establishments or assist other hotel departments with logistical adjustments during other projects
- An understanding of the Disney audience and creating magical Disney experiences
- An in-depth understanding of financial responsibilities including budgeting, forecasting, capital expenditures, and P&L reviews
- A professional track record and positive reputation in the industry
- A polished and positive presence and demeanor
- Experience with lodging/facility management systems like OPERA and HOTSOS
- Experience working in a Forbes Four or Five Star environment
- Second Language skills
Required EducationBachelor's degree – preferably in Hotel Management, Hospitality, Restaurant Management, Business, related field, or an equivalent level of experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.