Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Architecture Professional Internship: Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 734833BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
Within the Disneyland Resort, the Architecture & Facility Engineering Services Division program is specially designed to develop you professionally, increase your practical knowledge in your area of technical expertise, while also completing valuable work for the Resort. You will have a wide range of opportunities to assist and provide key data to A&FES Architects and Engineers on various type of projects including Attractions, Maintenance, Foods, Merchandise and Entertainment.
Responsibilities:Your role in Architecture: Assist project Architects in all phases of project work, from drafting, on-site as-built documentation, design coordination with outside design consultants, field data collection, light design/ production work, construction administration, and project close-out documentation for a variety of projects ranging in scope from minor rehabs to building new facilities.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role:
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on architecture, engineering, or construction.
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
Preferred Qualifications:What sets you apart:
- Experience working with AutoCad and/or BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Architecture major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year College or University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript. Please upload a transcript when applying.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is January 29, 2020.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.