Disneyland Construction Management Internship: Summer/Fall 2020
Anaheim, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 690993BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 26/08/2019
Facility Asset Management provides construction project management services and long-term facility planning for the Disneyland Resort. Our focus is to maintain the parks, attractions, rides, resorts, roads, retail shops, and restaurants while preserving the overall show quality of the Disneyland Resort. Our world class project management staff manages all aspects of construction projects including design development, contractor bid and award, field management, and close-out. Day-to-day responsibilities include the development of project scopes, schedule preparation, and budget planning for various assigned projects.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects as directed by team leader
- Provide on-site review, inspections, and reports of work in progress
- Provide data analysis and recommendations
- Review submittals for specification compliance and maintain submittal logs
- Process all relevant project correspondence
- Coordinate scheduled field activities with all affected parties
- Work alongside department Schedulers to prepare and update project schedules using Primavera P6 software
- Participate in estimating walks and assist department Estimators in preparing and updating project estimates
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on construction and/or project management.
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Primavera project planning software
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student majoring in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Building Construction or similar major
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Please, no rounding) as shown on a current transcript (please upload a transcript for full consideration)
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - January 2020.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is October 11, 2019.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.