Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Internal Communications/Public Affairs Intern - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 728861BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Disneyland Resort Communications & Public Affairs encompasses media relations, public relations, external affairs, internal communications and executive communications. Often working with other business units across the resort and the operation, the team strives to protect and enhance the reputation of the Disneyland Resort. This internship opportunity focuses on internal communications and how we strategically engage our Cast Members using storytelling and sharing factual information that they need to perform their roles successfully.
Please note strong candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a writing sample. Instructions will be provided at that time.
Responsibilities:A day in the life:
- Share what the magic of working with Disney is like through our internal communication channels via print, video and creative tactics. This includes creating original content and sharing recap coverage of unique and exclusive Cast opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Public Affairs team to help ensure we tell our employment story in the most innovative and creative ways, both internally and externally.
- Build relationships with key partners and create communication to share our story.
- Support the day-to-day priorities of the Internal Communications team, including the distribution of the Disneyland Resort Line newsletter and other operational communications vehicles.
- Have those “pinch yourself moments” when you walk down Main Street, U.S.A. before park opening or Cars Land after park close, as you realize: You’re working at Disneyland!
- You are a strong writer and possess the ability to write in varying tones, voices and styles in order to meet the appetite of our diverse audience and platforms (magazine, web, social media and video).
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style.
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, videography and/or photography.
- You have experience leading projects and building relationships, with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- You’re comfortable with the latest technology, including any content management systems, web design, and other social media platforms.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about the Disney brand.
- You are a current or former Disneyland Resort Cast Member with a minimum of six months Disneyland Resort experience or related.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or above, or graduated within 6 months at the time of the application for this internship, in an accredited U.S. college/university, earning a degree in communications or a related major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.