Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Occupational Safety & Industrial Hygiene Intern Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 690978BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
As a member of the Worldwide Safety team, you will partner and interact with various departments on the coordination of cast and guest safety. Provide support to Manager and team and assist with the completion of a variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in safety, health and sanitation/food safety audits, report findings, assist in development of corrective action plans.
- Conduct field surveys such as indoor air quality, noise dosimetry, ventilation surveys, etc., report out on findings, develop and follow up on mitigations.
- Develop JSA’s to determine site-specific safety requirements such as engineering controls, equipment specifications, machine guarding requirements, personal protective equipment, training, and other controls.
- Attend and assist with leading safety and wellness committee meetings.
- Attend and assist with development of safety and wellness educational offerings.
- Assist with incident investigations, developing mitigations, and evaluating/following up.
- Evaluating incident and near miss trend data and making recommendations for and developing mitigation strategies
- Attend design review meetings and provide feedback on safety and health requirements.
- Assisting with special projects
- Assist in maintaining documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role:
- Guest/Customer Services background
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SharePoint
- Ability to work flexible hours; occasional 2nd and 3rd shift according to business need
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally work at heights, work in low light conditions
- Must possess a valid U. S. driver's license
What sets you apart:
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Park Operations cast member on previous College Program
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Safety, Environmental or Industrial Hygiene in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript (provide a recent transcript when applying)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 - June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is October 2, 2019.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.