Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Resort Catering Convention Services Internship Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522088BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 02/07/2018
Disneyland Resort Catering and Convention Services Internship - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Work experience opportunity for Catering and Convention Services to provide unique and memorable group experiences at any of our three hotels or two theme parks. Catering and Convention Services Team provides event planning services to Convention Groups, Disney Catered Events clients/groups, Park Events and internal Disney meetings. Group sizes range from 50 to 5,000+; all are provided with a Disney experience designed specifically for their guests. Whether they have 2 guests or 400+ guests, our team provides innovative and custom experiences that last a lifetime.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Learn key operating system (Daylight Database), Meeting Matrix, LMS, Venue Matrix and related software programs
- Support assigned Service Manager(s) with file management, client correspondence and the creation of Banquet Event orders
- Job shadow key operating partner roles to understand the interface with Catering and Convention Services and those operational departments that deliver contracted services for our clients
- Complete assigned project work as required
- Understand and all related internal process work that supports the Catering and Convention Services Manager role and function
- Understand banquet menus, food and beverage minimums, and standard policies for events held at the Disneyland® Resort’s three hotels and two theme parks
- Understand contract turnover process and assemble planning packets as needed
- As assigned, spend time with clients checking in on functions and events for the assigned Services Manager (s)
- Assemble amenities for clients
- In addition to the above outlined key responsibilities this individual may be assigned responsibilities and tasks as needed to support any team within Resort, Park Event, Sales and Services (RPSS)
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work within established timelines, manage time to maximize productivity
- Prioritize tasks and work load to meet deadlines
- Understanding of Meeting/Event Industry
- Prior Participation in the Disney College Program
- Hospitality Major preferred
- Current college junior/senior earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales or related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
No Housing Available:
This internship is located in Anaheim, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.