Already applied?View Dashboard
Disneyland Resort Catering Convention Services Internship Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 698170BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Disneyland Resort Catering and Convention Services Team provides professional event planning services to create and design unique and memorable experiences for multi-day Conventions and Events, Disney Catered Events, Park Events and internal Disney meetings at our three Disneyland Resort Hotels and two theme parks.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Learn key operating systems (Amadeus Advanced); Microsoft Office and related software programs
- Job shadow and support Catering & Convention Service Managers on venue site inspections, inquiries, proposal creations, space audits and file turnover verification, general file management, client correspondence, banquet event order (BEO) creation
- Job shadow key operating partner roles to understand the interface with Catering & Convention Services & operational departments that deliver contracted services for our clients
- Understand banquet menus, food and beverage minimums and standard policies for events held at Disneyland Resort’s three hotels and two theme parks
- Handle deposits and ensure PCI compliance and paperwork are handled according to company policy
- Manage Disney in-house groups to include meeting/event planning and program execution
- Complete Banquet Event Orders and Resumes for contracted group events
- Follow the amenity guidelines for client gifts and proper request procedures; assemble amenities as needed
- In addition to the above outlined key responsibilities, this individual may be assigned responsibilities and tasks as needed to support any team within Resort/Park Sales and Services (RPSS)
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and planning skills
- Ability to work within established timelines, manage time to maximize productivity
- Demonstrated strong Guest Service skills
- Flexible work schedule; including weekends as needed
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated advanced technology/social media skills
- Understanding of Disney Culture
- Flexible and able to assist multiple Partners
- Aptitude for learning new software systems
- Understanding of Meeting/Event Industry
- Prior Participation in the Disney College Program
- Current college junior/senior or graduated within 6 months, earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales or related major
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.