Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Internship.
Disneyland Resort Media Relations and External Communications Intern, Summer/Fall 2024Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10080034 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 22, 2024
About the Role & Program
The Disneyland Resort is looking for creative, dynamic communicators to join the team and enrich and protect the reputation of the resort! As part of this team, you’ll play a meaningful role in telling compelling stories on a variety of platforms to highlight Cast Member-exclusive opportunities, diversity and inclusion initiatives, community, and environmental efforts, and more.
Please note that there are two (2) External Communications internship positions available—one (1) focused more specifically on social media content creation and one (1) that will support the team’s broader efforts in reputation management with writing, fact-checking, conducting research, and leading social and traditional media!
What You Could Do
- Developing engaging social media content for the Disneyland Resort’s Cast and Community and Disneyland Ambassador social platforms by brainstorming content ideas, filming and editing videos for Instagram stories and reels
- Using strong writing skills to write compelling stories about the Disneyland Resort, its Cast Members, and top initiatives
- Writing and curating content for online newsletters and other editorial platforms
- Provide input to the success of our team by handling contact lists, building presentations, fact-checking, and conducting research
- Keeping a pulse on news involving the organization by coordinating social and traditional media for relevant clips
For both positions, we require strong writing and research skills, general social media experience, and video production know-how.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills in AP style with keen attention to detail
- Social media skills with an understanding of Instagram trends, algorithms, and metrics
- Video editing experience in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Excellent verbal proficiency and the ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Capability to handle numerous projects and priorities simultaneously
- Professional PR agency experience or experience working with media or in a newsroom
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication
- WordPress experience
- Current or former Disneyland Resort Cast Member with a minimum of six months of Disneyland Resort experience
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish
- Currently pursuing a degree in communications or a related major
- A writing sample is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your writing sample on your résumé or attach it to your cover letter. Applicants without a sample will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or Disney College Program
- Be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through January 2025
- This internship is located in Anaheim, CA; candidates should be receptive to providing their own transportation and housing for the duration of the internship
- The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The pay rate for this role in California is $ 21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.