Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Resort Public Affairs-Media Relations Internship Fa 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 515627BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 02/09/2018
Disneyland Resort Public Affairs encompasses media relations, corporate citizenship, government relations, internal communications and executive communications. Often working with other business units across the Resort, the team strives to protect and enhance the reputation of Disneyland Resort. This internship opportunity focuses on communication that supports a variety of company initiatives such as: community and environmental efforts, diversity, being an employer of choice, economic impact, safety and stakeholder engagement.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a writing sample. Instructions are listed below under the Additional Information section. Please submit this at the time of application.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Putting your creative skills to work - Develop content for the Resort’s community e-newsletter and social media platforms, assist in the production of video segments for social media
- Utilizing your leadership and partnering skills - Coordinate media outreach for various Public Affairs initiatives and events, support various disciplines in Public Affairs as needed
- Being part of the solution – Contribute to media tracking and clipping, maintain public affairs contact lists and calendars and other administrative duties as assigned
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills and proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media in a professional or academic setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Current or former Disneyland Resort Cast Member with a minimum of six months Disneyland Resort experience
- Professional PR agency experience or experience working with media or in a newsroom
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication
- Premiere Pro and WordPress experience
- Verbal and written fluency with Spanish
- Currently enrolled as a Senior, or graduated within 6 months at the time of application for this internship, in an accredited U.S. college/university, earning a degree in communications or a related major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Disneyland Resort Public Affairs-Media Relations Internship requires a writing sample in order for you to be considered for this role.
You can choose the writing sample you would like to submit. It could be a project from school, an article you have written, social media excerpt, etc. This is completely up to you.
To upload your writing sample:
• Log into your dashboard at disneyinterns.com
• Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
• Click on the “Attachments” Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_DLRMedia Writing Sample
• Select a document type of "Other"
This position also does require you to present a transcript, official or unofficial, to your dashboard.
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)