Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Resort - Resort Sales Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 744673BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
Disneyland Resort - Resort Sales Internship - Fall 2020
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Resort Sales team is the first point of contact our clients have with the Disneyland Resort. The team is responsible for building lasting relationships by providing solutions and unique and innovative experiences for our clients in the meetings and convention marketplace.
Responsibilities:In this role, the intern would be involved in a wide variety of marketing, sales and administrative activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Collect and run data from various software applications used in Resort Sales Department and assemble reporting and basic analysis
- Manage client lists for outgoing communication campaigns and client events
- Provide sales territory and account audits analysis to support the team’s business development efforts
- Extend support in booking and assisting internal company events and meetings
- Other responsibilities may include ad hoc project requests relative to Sales performance analysis, meeting space utilization, database requests and creating Excel documents and PowerPoint presentations; product benchmarking and cataloguing, as well as online archiving, of marketing communications
- Provide limited administrative support for Sales Managers and assistance with requested collateral materials, external merchandise orders and supplies
- Shadowing sales managers on-site inspections and client events
Basic Qualifications:These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel working with pivot tables
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Power Point creating and editing presentations
- Experience in managing and interpreting data, analytical skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Prior work experience in sales and/or marketing
- Current Disney College Program student or Alumni
- Aptitude for learning new software systems
- Strong business acumen
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry and / or event and meeting planning and / or support
- Fluency in the Spanish language
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months, in a college or university earning a degree in Hospitality, Business, Marketing/Sales or a related major
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.