Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disneyland Resort Strategic Sourcing Internship, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 735940BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost reduction and value creation (improved quality, cost, service and compliance)
- Perform liaison work between Strategic Sourcing and key clients, ensuring efficient supply chain methods
- Provide support for sourcing projects, including data analysis and supplier interface
- Facilitate supplier presentations
- Develop and execute eRFIs/eRFQs/eRFPs/eAuctions
- Participate in supplier negotiations
- Perform external market assessment and opportunity analysis
- Develop and manage stakeholder and supplier relationships and contract implementations
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies in alignment with business initiatives and priorities.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate student at an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Logistics, Economics, Finance or related field.
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently pursuing, or recently graduated with, an MBA
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is located in Anaheim, CA, A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.