DLR Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship, Spring 2023Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 975426BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 05/08/2022 Flex Type On-Site
Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship
Company Overview: At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Department Overview: Want to be part of a world-class organization, learning new skills that you can apply in the “real world”? How about free admission to theme parks and all the shopping and restaurants you can get your hands on? If this doesn't sound like your typical Industrial Engineering position, that’s because it’s not! Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment. It may even serve as a springboard in launching a successful career. You will have the opportunity to network and learn from other Industrial Engineers and make friendships that cover the globe.
- Conduct Industrial Engineering analysis projects, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, capacity utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, computer simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.) are applied in projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with all levels of cast and management
Basic QualificationsThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem-solving
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- For co-ops: ability to work multiple, rotating terms from 4-6 months in duration
Required EducationThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
Preferred EducationCumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability for the duration of the term
- Must provide reliable transportation for the duration of the term
- Positions will be located in Anaheim, CA (Disneyland Resort). This is subject to change pending company COVID guidelines and protocols.
- It is the intern’s responsibility to make housing and transportation arrangements for the duration of the internship.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.