Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
DLR Workforce Management Industrial Engineering Intern, Spring 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10024705 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
DLR Workforce Management Industrial Engineering Intern, Spring 2023
Workforce Management is an internal team that provides tools, systems, processes, and knowledge to optimize our workforce in an evolving and dynamic environment. We support our labor, operations, and other business partners at the Disneyland Resort using a cooperative spirit, ensuring the development and success of our fellow team members. Responsibilities for our team include, but are not limited to, analyzing data and operational processes to build forecasting models that generate everything from robust daily workloads to long-term headcount plans.
Our intern program is designed to develop you professionally and apply your Industrial Engineering knowledge to impactful, real-world projects at the “Happiest Place on Earth”. You will be supported by a team of fellow Analysts as you learn hands-on about how the Disneyland Resort strives to provide magical experiences to our Guests while driving financial growth. There will be a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic support and consultation to various lines of business including Attractions, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, and Retail.
Make an impact by…
- Acting as an internal consultant for various Operations teams by analyzing daily operations in order to find efficiencies and provide recommendations on opportunities for labor savings
- Developing tools in Tableau, Access, and SQL that use big data to tell a story and provide insight
- Conducting Industrial Engineering analyses, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, Cast utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Leveraging curiosity and self-motivation to create and lead diverse, impactful projects by utilizing an Industrial Engineering skill set
- Leading and participating in team efforts while working on projects which require interfacing with all levels of Cast and management
What you bring to this role…
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively partner with team members while demonstrating strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Ability to take initiative, independently manage projects, and build strong relationships with a variety of Cast
- Creativity to approach problems in new, innovative ways
- Ability to articulate recommendations to Cast with a wide variety of backgrounds
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Experience performing times studies/data collection and analyzing results in order to make impactful business decisions
- Experience with VBA, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript.)
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability for the duration of the term
- Must provide reliable transportation for the duration of the term
Location of position: Anaheim, CA
- Positions will be located in Anaheim, CA (Disneyland Resort). This is subject to change pending company COVID guidelines and protocols.
- It is the intern’s responsibility to make housing and transportation arrangements for the duration of the internship.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January to June 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.