Electrician - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1149825BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 19, 2024
We’re looking for highly skilled Electricians who have experience maintaining and repairing equipment like that found at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, kitchen & restaurants. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to undertake, apply today to join the team!
Every day as an Appliance Electrician is different. On any given day or night, you might:
- Troubleshoot equipment problems at one of the many restaurants to keep the food flowing.
- Be responsible for performing preventive maintenance, repairing electrical systems/assemblies, lamping, installation of receptacles, switches, bending conduit, and resetting breakers.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to perform maintenance on food preparation and holding appliances/equipment. Understanding of and ability to operate under Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and other food safety/sanitary guidelines. Must also be able to troubleshoot and repair gas and steam systems applied in commercial kitchen equipment.
- Technical competence, the ability to read and understand detailed instructions, blueprints, flowcharts, schematics and engineering documents, and pass all compliance for technical and safety training
- Knowledge in the control and repair of circuits and motors
- Keen troubleshooting skills and comfortable working alone or in a team.
- Ability to evaluate the scope of a job, resolve needed parts/materials, and order through authorized vendors
- Expertise using common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment, as well as ability to measure current, voltage and amperage
- Proficiency in the basic math skills needed to do the job, differentiate colors, digital literacy, and full understanding of the National Electric Code
- Stamina and the physical ability to undertake the job. You might bicycle, bend, kneel, climb, push vehicles to re-position them for repair, work with arms/hands above shoulder level for an extended period of time, climb (sometimes as high as 200 ft.) and more, all on a regular basis
Electricians may work outdoors in all weather conditions, in an industrial workshop, in kitchens with wet/slippery surfaces, and may have occasional exposure to high temperatures, noise levels, and fumes
In addition to the physical tasks listed above, Electronic Technicians may need to push/pull and/or lift up to 10 lbs. constantly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, up to 75 lbs. occasionally and rarely up to/over 100 lbs.
Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including weekends, holidays, with any combination of days off.
- 2 or more years of experience
- Ideal backgrounds include trade school, apprenticeship and related experience
Shifts are typically at night, and individuals must have availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere, electrician, electronic technicians, blueprints, flowcharts, schematics, engineering documents, circuits, current, voltage, amperage, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, HACCP, National Electric Code, CMMS, MAXIMO
The pay rate for this role in California is $37.00 to $45.04 per hour, which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.