Employee Relations MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006156 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Summary/Purpose of Position
This role will perform Employee Relations Manager (ERM) related duties and will serve as a workplace manager for employees. Overall, the incumbent will help with:
- Creating & implementing company-wide strategies to enable decisions that are consistent with Company policies, values & culture. Interfacing with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
- Enhancing the employee experience by engaging with leaders and employees, during critical moments in the life cycle of the employment relationship such as workplace accommodations and workplace concerns to include Development, Workplace Threats, Performance Management, etc.
- Integrating key partners across the Walt Disney Company to drive solutions that promote employee engagement and business results.
This position could be located in Orlando, FL or Anaheim/Burbank/Glendale, CA.
- Promote employee advocacy by engaging with employees and leadership across the Disney Parks, Experiences, & Products organization.
- Conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including but not limited to allegations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
- Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement tools, resources, and solutions that help shape a positive employee experience.
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners in order to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
- Collaborate with clients and key stakeholders on performance and change management solutions.
- Lead project work as needed.
Required Qualifications and/or Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, industrial labor relations or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-years of strong influential leadership experience or in a professional level role
- Critical thinker, with demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
- Ability to analyze data, trends, and insights to identify the root cause of the event.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and/or delivering diversity and inclusion recommendations and solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong, inclusive, and collaborative working relationships.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong presentation skills; must be able to confidently make recommendations to senior business leaders or HR/DI partners for improved employee relations and business results based on data and findings.
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, complex workplace investigations, federal and state laws / regulations (including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA).
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands; prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing highly effective and valued professional relationships with peers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential situations with objectivity.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking/writing
- Experience in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, industrial labor relations or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Law or Advanced degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.