Entertainment Laundry - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 876563BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 12/07/2021
Entertainment Laundry receives a starting rate of $15.45/ hour.
- In this role you will receive and handle all soiled Costumes and undergarments from various Shows, Parades, Spectaculars, and Events.
- You will utilize industrial washers and dryers and will be responsible for the handling and replacement of detergent and various other chemicals for these machines which come housed in large containers that weigh up to but not limited to 50lbs.
- Duties include hand washing garments.
- You will iron and steam garments.
- You will fold and sort garments.
- You will resolve the contamination of costumes. Contaminations include but are not limited to bodily fluids, exposure to chemicals, and other foreign substances.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to apply Safety in Motion Techniques
- Report any unsafe conditions or equipment in need of repair
- Must support all other Cast Members working on the teams
- Previous industry Washer/Dryer experience or experience in a similar environment
- Previous Warehouse or similar type work or experience
- Previous experience working in a highly repetitive job- i.e. factory work or heavy machine operator
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a four month period. If you have applied within the last four months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.