Entertainment Manager, Art ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10026957 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 22, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Entertainment Manager-Art Services will oversee the daily operation of the Art Services Crew at the Disneyland Resort, leading and managing Art Crew cast Members in the preparation, planning, installation, operation, and strike of live show entertainment offerings.
· The Entertainment Manager with the DLR Art Services department is responsible for leading the Art Crew in the coordination, installation, maintenance and strike of all scenic elements of shows and entertainment product. In collaboration and partnership with the Live Entertainment Production Teams, this role is accountable to manage and supervise all scenic elements and activity ranging from implementation, maintenance and sustainment of Events. Responsible for the processes and resources used to facilitate scheduling, labor tracking, procurement, expense budgets and reporting tools. Accountabilities include oversight of day-to-day schedules, time sheets, event requests, and warehouse asset tracking. Role requires leadership excellence, cast development and relationship building of assigned Cast Members through regular interaction and one-on-one meetings.
· Minimum 3 years Event Production experience or equivalent entertainment experience
· Minimum 1 year experience in a role of higher responsibility such as Coordinator, Lead, GFM or the like
· Proved familiarity with Entertainment Art Services
· Proven proficiency with various software/computer programs including Excel, word processing, Outlook
· Demonstrated problem solving, influencing abilities, negotiating skills and ability to provide effective feedback
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in mentoring, influencing and teaching others
· Demonstrated strong verbal, written and presentation skills
· Proven ability to initiate, organize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
· Demonstrated ability to give effective feedback and share creative and new ideas
· Demonstrated aptitude for budgeting and scheduling
· Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, holidays and nights
· Willingness to learn and utilize new software applications as required
· Successful completion of the Emerging Leader Program or equivalent
· High school degree or equivalent experience
· Associate’s or Bachelors of Fine Arts degree or equivalent related
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.