Already applied?View Dashboard
Environmental Engineer - Disneyland ResortApply Now Apply Later Job ID 777048BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/05/2021
This position is responsible for the successful planning, design and execution of Construction Projects taking place at DLR or any of its support facilities.
- This position will require significant amount of field time which includes being on construction sites, in a variety of weather conditions
- Based on business needs, work will also require on-site participation in work activities outside of “traditional” office hours including early day-time hours and nights
- Ensuring that the DLR Environmental Construction Guides, contract Special Conditions, and Business Practices and Programs, which are applicable to all entities performing construction/project work at the Disneyland Resort, are incorporated into Project design and executed during project work
- Actively participating in design, and design review processes
- Early identification of matters that require special attention by Environmental Affairs such as:
- matters that could have an excessive impact on finances or other long term impact
- the acquisition of environmental permits, registrations, and associated documentation
- the import or export of soil
- identifying WQMP triggered projects and validate proper installation, working with SME
- the acquisition of appropriate NOI permit with RWQCB
- the demolition of existing structures and/or infrastructures
- the removal and disposal of transite piping
- the location of planned activity against historical land use
- verify audits of DLR construction sites designated as Hazardous Waste Accumulation Areas are complete and findings are resolved
- Ensuring Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans are correctly executed
- Validating equipment used during construction meets air quality standards, and is properly registered or permitted as required.
- Ensuring swift and appropriate resolution is attained for all pending matters that impact the environment or environmental regulations.
- Close coordinating with FAM, WDI, and other teams executing construction and demolition to forecast and plan for regulated waste generation, staging, and off-site transportation.
- Maintain a Resort-wide perspective of construction waste to be generated to take advantage of consolidation and transportation efficiencies.
- Reviewing all Cal/Green and Corporate waste diversion submittals are complete and accurate
- Participate in virtual design review processes to ensure proposed systems are constructed and operated in an environmentally responsible and compliant manner.
- Logistics - Participate in the pre-demolition facility survey process, and act based on data and SME interpretation - movement of regulated waste - movement of soil
- Compliance - With SME guidance, ensure the proper execution of each NPDES Permit for Construction; compliance with AQMD requirements, and all other local, state and federal environmental laws, and initiate corrective action if necessary
- A detailed understanding of environmental requirements as they relate to CA regulated wastes, stormwater quality and compliance with SCAQMD and OCSD permitting requirements.
- Understanding of the construction design process and demonstrated ability to understand and interpret construction drawings
- Project management field experience
- Must have the ability to work independently, yet know when to seek assistance from leader or Resort environmental SME's. Also must know when to elevate issues of pending risk
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Demonstrated ability to promote creativity, collaboration, and teamwork
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with Resort construction processes and culture
- Experience in air or water quality management
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
- Master’s degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.