Environmental Sustainability Manager – Waste & MaterialsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10066313 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 23, 2023
As the Environmental Sustainability Manager, you will lead the design and execution of strategies to deliver against The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) Environmental Sustainability Goals for the Disneyland Resort (DLR) site and adjacent properties. The manager’s primary focus is on the zero waste and material goals, and their intersection. The manager is also responsible for leading and developing a team of subject matter experts across key workstreams. They will actively partner across all business functions at DLR and other environmental sustainability teams across the company to develop and optimize existing plans, influence decision making, and drive the implementation of initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated and driven to hold themselves and their team to the highest level of performance. This candidate will have proven abilities and experience driving sustainability goals in a cross-functional environment. Additionally, a true passion for actively developing our Cast & Business to higher levels of growth are critical. Broad technical and industry knowledge & influence will also be key to this candidate's success in leading and driving our team.
Primary Responsibilities/You will...
- Serve as the DLR environmental sustainability team subject matter expert on all things waste management and circular economy.
- Optimize and build resort environmental sustainability plans, guidelines, and tools to enable step function progress towards zero waste and circular economy objectives.
- Lead the design and implementation of priority initiatives, through active program development and project management responsibilities.
- Drive innovation for priority initiatives, exploring and implementing emerging technologies and solutions to improve DLR's sustainability performance and ensure the resort remains at the forefront of materials selection & waste management practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across DLR and enterprise environmental teams to influence decision making, including building task-oriented working groups.
- Prepare and present updates to leaders of all levels on initiative progress.
- Build relationships with leaders across the DLR to prioritize environmental action in all of their work.
Outcomes measurement and accountability
- Manage waste/materials budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources and achieving desired outcomes.
- Support establishing and recalibrating priorities as emerging opportunities evolve.
- Develop interim targets and ensure projects are achieving key performance indicators established by the team lead and the organization. Ensure outcomes are captured by DLR Sustainability Analyst for corporate reporting.
- Lead their team to higher levels of performance.
- Lead projects as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental sustainability industry
- Deep industry expertise and solutions implementation
- Proven project management with demonstrated experience to self-manage complex delivery in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Deep knowledge of environmental sustainability industry trends and solutions – including expertise in waste management and material circularity
- Experience leading change to deliver positive and meaningful environmentally beneficial outcomes while balancing business needs
- Demonstrated influence & relationship skills across diverse areas
- Ability to synthesize relevant information, identify key issues, and present recommendations and outcomes to key stakeholders, including product lifecycle considerations
- Expertise and comfort with interpreting quantitative data required to drive decision-making
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and comfort with LCA tools
- Proven ability & true passion for actively teaching & developing Cast & leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree in relevant field
The Environmental Sustainability Manager role is based at the Disneyland Resort and is expected to work normal business hours, with flexibility required as we partner with all areas of the Resort, many of which operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The hiring range for this position in California is $90,500.00 - $124,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.