Event Manager, CTApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725920BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 10, 2019
- Lead cross-functional teams, internal and external, through all phases of events, including strategic development, creative planning, budget management, production/execution and post-event evaluation/recap
- Responsible and accountable for delivering all aspects of the event within the approved financial scope, and that the overall event objectives, deliverables and timelines are met and exceed expectations
- Serve as primary communication liaison and facilitator for all key stakeholders on event-related details
- Research and gather information needed to make informed decisions throughout all phases and recommend future improvements
- Participate in creative sessions to develop new event concepts and options
- Be a creative thought partner, stay abreast of industry trends, best practices and other information beneficial to the role and leverage that knowledge to continuously drive and evolve the relevancy, technology and creativity of our events
- Develop and manage budgets ranging from tens of thousands to multi-million dollars
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and partners throughout the Parks and Resorts and Corporate segments
- Develop and present detailed event documents including executive summaries to internal partners and Disney executives
- Cultivate and maintain effective external relationships with key vendors and other essential partners
- Minimum of 3 – 5+ years of event management or production experience
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills including the ability to project manage and prioritize workflow in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams on multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated excellence with oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills in relationship management with the ability to develop professional partnerships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication
- Possess knowledge and effectively leverage trends and technology in events, maximizing the reach and relevancy to the audience
- Have a working understanding of broadcast production and public relations practices
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) and ability to learn new and existing software programs & applications
- Willingness to travel (domestically) and work a varied schedule that may include evenings and weekends as necessary
- Prior Disney experience and/or knowledge of the Disney brand
- Strong knowledge and experience working with digital technologies
- Bilingual/Multilingual abilities a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, Business, or Communications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.