Executive Assistant - LegalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726668BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 26, 2019
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the attorneys and paralegal your support of the Disneyland Resort legal team along with interfacing with the Parks Risk Management team and steering committee, along with other senior leaders throughout the organization. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of the Disneyland legal team and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Answering phones, maintaining Outlook calendars and contact lists (including scheduling meetings and calls across domestic and international time zones); faxing, photocopying, scanning, and mailing documents; booking travel; preparing expense reports; tracking matters and key dates; entering attorney time in Serengeti
- Revising and redlining Word documents; drafting or revising and maintaining records of legal correspondence; organizing emails and documents for appropriate filing; assisting in preparation of PowerPoint presentations; preparing and updating Excel spreadsheets (including data entry
- Maintaining various files, databases, and filing systems for the supported attorneys
- Assisting in review, analysis and reconciliation of invoices and expenses billed by outside counsel and vendors
- This position requires team work with other assistants, paralegals and attorneys in the legal department. Applicants should have a cooperative work style, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude with respect to problem solving
- A minimum 3 years of experience supporting executives in a corporate or legal position
- Proficiency redlining, drafting, and revising legal documents and correspondence
- Bright, energetic, upbeat and reliable person who can support the team over a wide range of issues, has strong organizational and communication skills
- Manage domestic and international scheduling and travel planning, and will exercise discretion and the highest level of ethics in connection with confidential information.
- Experience supporting a number of executives/attorneys at one time and appropriately balancing priorities, in a large law firm or multi-national corporate legal department is a plus
- Proven proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assure successful interaction with all levels of employees and external contacts
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, strong proofreading skills, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Willingness and initiative to learn the various business units supported by the Legal team and Disney processes and procedures
- Responsible, professional demeanor and sound judgment, including maintenance of confidentiality
- Self-directing team player who prioritizes effectively, takes initiative and quickly adapts to changing events while maintaining a positive disposition
- Advanced calendaring and word processing knowledge, including track changes, redlining and comparing documents
- Proficiency in both MS Windows and Mac OS
- Familiarity with SAP Workplace and Document Management Systems
- Familiarity with Serengeti Tracker
- Strong general computer and internet research skills
- Existing Notary Public or willing to become a Notary
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.