Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Chef, Food and Beverage - Theme Park OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 663951BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:The Disneyland Resort Food and Beverage Theme Park Operations culinary team is seeking an Executive Chef to create and inspire the culinary vision and strategic direction for theme park F&B operations in a large geographic operating area including: table service and quick service restaurants, outdoor carts/kiosks, lounges and bars.
- Demonstrate a passion to develop innovative best practices that ensure exceptional food quality and beverage service.
- Deliver excellent performance and positive business results in all areas of guest, cast and financial responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, development, support and inspiration for salaried and hourly cast.
- Continually stretch the creativity and culinary expertise of the team by challenging new menu presentations, overseeing development of menu changes and seasonality presentations, incorporating best-in-class ideas and maintaining a world-class attitude toward quality and innovation.
- Conduct taste tests, menu reviews and solicit guest and cast feedback to ensure the highest quality and unique culinary experiences.
- Ensure adherence to compliance standards of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Serve as the steward and gatekeeper to maintain the integrity of the storyline and role in the show for all restaurants.
- Understand and protect the brand in delivery of products and services by enabling the transition from strategy to execution. Responsible for effective communication and collaboration with direct reports, partners, peers, sourcing and procurement, vendors, and executives to achieve a successful day-to-day operation.
- Assist in the talent management of culinary roles by identifying and developing high potential internal talent and participating in the interview process and selection of candidates.
- Minimum seven years of culinary experience leading a culinary management team (for example, Corporate Chef), including high volume and the simultaneous execution of multiple events
- Proven experience in managing food, labor and operating expenses to annual operating plan
- Knowledge of industry trends in a variety of styles of service and practical business applications
- Ability to teach and demonstrate fundamental and advanced cooking skills
- Demonstrates understanding of heart of house operation dynamics from a salaried and hourly perspective
- Proven business acumen, independent judgment, and technical and hands-on leadership experience, focused on partnering, influencing, educating, mentoring, developing and executing
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Demonstrated ability to build, inspire, mentor, influence and lead a professional culinary team, attuned to an organizational culture for excellence in guest and cast service
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to navigate and lead in an environment of constant change
- Ability to lead a multifunctional business, balance and prioritize multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, and demonstrate integration within and across all lines of business
- Proven computer skills, including knowledge of receiving systems
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with variable work times/days off
- Advanced training in food and beverage
- Food Safety Certification
- Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining training standards
- Demonstrate high energy with proven drive
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with a commitment to excellence
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts or formal Apprenticeship Program or equivalent
- Advanced Degree in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Food Safety Certification
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.