Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727558BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
The Disneyland Resort Hotels Finance team currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst. This role will involve working directly with Hotel operators and other finance teams to develop financial forecasts and plans, assisting in the development of new business initiatives and ad hoc project work, and providing day-to-day finance support and thought partnership.
- Provide financial support to the General Manager and Operations team for Disneyland Hotel. This includes assisting in all aspects of the financial planning and processes for the Hotel, including Long Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and monthly forecasts
- Act as a key thought partner to the Hotel operators by understanding key business drivers and by monitoring financial metrics; advise and assist operating leaders with making decisions and developing action plans to maximize business opportunities
- Assist with the development of pro formas and business cases for the Hotels business
- Participate in the preparation of comprehensive business reviews and updates to various Executive-level audiences and partners
- Provide additional analytical and strategic support on an ad hoc basis for various Hotels projects and processes
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business, with the ability to proactively provide and analyze data before it is requested and to gather agreement with all partners on relevant issues
- Ensure accuracy of all financial information included in planning processes and financial analyses
- Minimum 3-5 years of finance experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including financial analysis, Excel modeling, and structured problem solving
- Strong partnering, influencing, and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, listening, and communication; high attention to detail; demonstrated ability to influence partners and key business decisions
- Ability to self-manage objectives, improve processes, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to think holistically; enjoys solving problems and helping partners; is a collaborative team player with strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Prior Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) experience, especially in finance
- Knowledge of DPEP operations and financial processes
- Ability to simplify complex issues and incorporate effective “storytelling” to engage and influence the audience
- Ability to deliver presentations and communication to audiences of all levels persuasively, articulately, and with full command of the topic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.