Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737473BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
The Assurance and Advisory team of Disney Parks, Experience & Products investigates internal fraud and privilege abuse at the Disneyland Resort, across all lines of business, including but not limited to: merchandise, food & beverage, rooms, ticketing, and employee privileges. Fraud is identified through exception reporting by using in house systems and databases to establish trends for investigations. This position focuses on high risk transactions for further investigation and will be well versed in systems, data forensics, data mining, exception reporting, and analytics. Must be able to develop reporting based on industry trends and technological advances within the loss prevention community.
Additional responsibilities include managing special projects as needed
- Lead internal fraud identification by using internal systems and databases, partner with Investigation Manager, Senior Financial Analyst and Financial Analysts on cases, camera review, partners on integrity shops, observations and interviews.
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst on special projects
- Data collection and analysis (including accounting systems, financial systems, and direct inquiry to business partners)
- Develop reporting based on industry trends and technological advances within the loss prevention community
- 0-2 years in a large corporation or similar experience in a large corporation
- At least 3 years of experience in related field (Data Analysis, Fraud, Systems, Statistics, etc)
- Strong data analytic skills and competencies with various systems
- Prior experience with trend analysis, exception reporting, data mining
- Knowledge and understanding of Disney policies and procedures
- Experience in one or more of the following Disney systems: SAP, MATRA, Galaxy, Opera
- Knowledge of Excel, Business Objects, SQL, Microsoft Access, Aspect, Teradata, Microsoft Publisher, and Tableau
- Ability to deliver concise written summaries
- Keen eye for detecting fraud
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Manage conflict/resolution
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential information
- Proven ability to effectively meet deadlines, and address last minute requests in an efficient manner
- Ability to maintain strong partnerships
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelors in Statistics, Finance, Data Analysis or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.