Already applied?View Dashboard
Fine Dining Specialty Cook - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660525BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 24, 2019
Job Summary:Specialty Cooks are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Cooks at key production stations in the preparation of meats, fish, and poultry by braising, baking, roasting, (oven or rotating spit) and high-level skillet/sauté work required in a fine dining restaurant. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation.
The starting rate for a Fine Dining Specialty Cook is $20.35 per hour.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques such as braising, baking, roasting (oven or rotating spit) and high level skillet/sauté work
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Ability to inventory product, read menus (BEOs, Restaurant Orders) and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Maintains standards and specifications related to food preparation and food handling on a daily basis, understands measurements requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications.
- Cleans kitchen equipment
- Ability to handle special dietary request and to work with guest requiring special request due to dietary concerns
- May prepare sauces “a la minute” using advanced sauce preparation techniques
- Prepares confits and compotes
- Creates seasonings, cures and rubs
- May bone and clean shellfish, cut, trim or grind meats, fish or poultry
- Must demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment
- Must demonstrate ability to present and discuss menu item preparation with Dinner Cooks, Order/Grill Cooks and Guests
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or culinary degree and 2 years related experience
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Understands the purpose of the knife and when to use it
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guest and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Workbrain)
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Vocation School training or High School certification
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Certification from CIA or equivalent
- Basic Wine Knowledge
- Recommendation from school
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.