Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Fire Protection Engineering Internship (DLR): Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 516427BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 01/03/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We are: Within the Disneyland Resort, the Architecture & Facility Engineering Services Division program is specially designed to develop you professionally, increase your practical knowledge in your area of technical expertise, while also completing valuable work for the Resort. You will have a wide range of opportunities to assist and provide key data to A&FES Architects and Engineers on various type of projects including Attractions, Maintenance, Foods, Merchandise and Entertainment.
Assist project Engineers – Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical, in all phases of project work, from drafting, on-site as-built documentation, design coordination with outside design consultants, field data collection, light design / production work, construction administration, loss prevention, commissioning, and close-out documentation for a variety of projects ranging in scope from minor rehabs to building new facilities.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role:
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on architecture, engineering, or construction.
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Must be a Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year College or University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript. Please upload a transcript when applying.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a U.S. college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (forWalt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; forDisneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.