Already applied?View Dashboard
Food & Beverage HOH, Food Prep - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 829776BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 07/22/2021
The starting pay for General Food Prep is $16.65/Hour
- Prepares, seasons and cooks to order menu items for all meals throughout the day
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix, and/or season ingredients to make dressings, sauces, gravies, batters, fillings and spreads
- Work with food products, including but not limited to eggs, gluten, yeast, tree nuts, etc.
- May wash, peel, slice, scoop, dice and julienne vegetables and fruits
- Prepares, measures, mixes (following recipes) and/or cooks and garnishes basic appetizers (hot or cold), salads, pastas, sandwich fillings, Waffles and other food items
- Some knowledge of cooking equipment such as grill, gas range, electric range, broiler, deep fat fryer, serving table, waffle iron, griddle, skillets and other standard kitchen equipment
- May work in, but not limited to, the following stations: pantry prep station, cold prep station, assembler station, hot prep stations
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Procedures
- May carve and slice meat and cheese
- Produces garde manger work for restaurants
- May prepare sandwiches to individual order or on a production line basis
- May bake, broil, cook, fry or steam food items as required to complete assigned production
- Constantly walking/standing
- Occasionally pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs frequently up to 75 lbs
- Constantly lifting up to 10 lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs, occasionally up to 50-75 lbs (when retrieving bulk items from storage)
- Frequently bending/twisting/kneeling (cooking at different stations, reaching for utensils)
- Frequent use of hands, wrist motion, grasping
- Frequent use of knives, slicers and kitchen mixers
- Works primarily indoors, but may be exposed to outdoors (special events
- when needed)
- Experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant 3-6 months
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a Guest service and team environment
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Bilingual preferred
- Full availability SEVEN (7) days a week is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.