Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Global Retail Merchandise Strategy Intern, CA, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738436BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 14, 2020
- Assist leadership in driving franchise strategies in alignment with overarching Merchandise and Parks vision to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Work with the Merchandiser to develop franchise strategies in relation to scope of programs, lifecycle determination, refresh cadence and overarching merchandise priorities for the quarter, synthesizing market trends and white space opportunities, business hindsights, site specific support needs, Studio releases, key park/film anniversaries, and Park Events to drive sales.
- Ensure strategy and assortment execution align with constantly changing guest demands through consistent rigorous analysis of SKU level performance. Review weekly sales performance at a Franchise/Site/Department/Class/SKU level within the assigned area of responsibility. Produce and assist with any departmental, divisional or company reports in preparation for business reviews.
- Assist Merchandiser with market research by gathering data, including pricing, competitive photos and other information as needed. Regularly particulate in competitive and trend shopping and maintains currency with outside macro, micro, consumer, and category/fashion trends
- Develop seasonal line plans that align category grow/maintain/downtrend positioning with initiatives and product/collection releases and mitigate any year over year content or new release comps gaps.
- Manage to established product development timelines to ensure appropriate internal handoffs and ultimately, on time delivery.
- Understand product lifecycle, trends and financial data at the category level; stay abreast of item level weekly sales trends in order to maximize in season opportunities and minimize end of season inventory liability.
- Assist in preparing for hangout meetings to determine go forward strategies
- Assist with prioritizing programs/item initiatives that will be commercialized or proposed for product communication/messaging. Focus on new category business initiatives, franchise based development, and seasonal assortment refreshes.
- Assist in supporting the overall strategic vision, influencing partners throughout the product lifecycle to ensure delivery on the product vision and financials targets from ideation through sample approval.
- Craft creative briefs that meet franchise, trend, and demographic needs, identifying the appropriate amount and type of art assets and stylization to support the business strategy.
- Be knowledgeable of the competitive environment – actively participate in market shopping and stay abreast of macro, micro, and consumer/fashion trends to drive new thinking in the business.
- Identify product voids/white space opportunities through intimate understanding of the guest in order to strengthen the overall assortment.
- Be a role model within the company by working collaboratively with partners and leading by example as a key change enabler to create an environment of agility and continuous improvement.
Basic Qualifications:You have…
- Major related to Retail Merchandising, Merchandise Design, Fashion Merchandising, Product marketing or Fashion Design
- High energy, self-starter with an ownership mentality and a passion for retail, product marketing or product development.
- Creative, disruptive thinker a current working knowledge of the outside retail market, competitive and general retail trends, and guest demographics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with executive-level presentations.
- Strong partnering skills and ability to influence internal stake holders and drive efficient decision-making; not afraid of constructive conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible while detail oriented; ability to balance conflicting organizational priorities with ability to lead and drive results across large-scale initiatives within specified timeframes.
- Out-of-box problem solver with ability to bring groups together for rapid resolution.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint. Photoshop and Adobe suite a plus.
- Photography skills helpful in execution of ensuring merchandise priorities are messaged by marketing/social partners.
- Prior knowledge of The Walt Disney Company.
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree or have graduated within 6 months
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript or Portfolio
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Candidates must be fully available to work full time any time including days, nights, weekends, and holidays for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
Housing in Anaheim: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.