Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design Intern, Internal Communications, CA, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742653BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
Imagine an internship in which you’ll design images every week that will be seen by thousands of people every day. Imagine being able to take your own designs from initial concept through completion, instead of simply supporting someone else’s design process. Imagine an internship where you are a full-fledged member of a fast-paced communication team and the only coffee you’ll be getting is your own. Now imagine kicking off your career with an internship in the place where dreams come true. Interested?
Walt Disney World/Disneyland Internal Communications is a premier corporate communication department. We support the 70,000 cast members who work here by providing the information they need to make magic for our guests each day. We’re looking for graphic designers for our intern program who are passionate about Disney and communicating through design. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
Responsibilities:Day in a life…
- Graphic design interns typically are responsible for use in print, such as fliers, posters, brochures, banners, presentations, videos.
- Photography for use in print and electronic communications
- Updating information in recurring publications
- Improving and maintaining existing communication vehicles, such as the company intranet, dynamic signage system and bulletin boards
- Limited writing for electronic and print communication, such as e-newsletters and fliers
- Collaboration and participation in brainstorming and planning meetings with teammates and key business partners
Basic Qualifications:You bring…
- Specific college training in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
- Organizational skills to manage project deadlines
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Keynote, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, iMovie and After Effects
- Experience on Mac and Windows operating systems
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program or other Disney experience
- Photography experience
- Writing, editing and proofreading experience
- Video editing and/or web design experience
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Graphic Design or a closely related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered
**College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.