Already applied?View Dashboard
Guest Experience Manager-Food & BeverageApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734344BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 01/08/2020
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and working in the operation daily, which includes interacting with Guests and Cast Members and resolving any issues
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong Cast focus to inspire, engage, coach and develop a diverse and talented team
- Recognize Cast Members and hold them accountable for delivering excellence with the Four Key Basics: safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. Be a teacher and developer, take a sincere interest in the Cast and be vested in their success
- Exceed Guest expectations that yield results and positive Guest feedback
- Partner closely and collaborate with other leadership teams due to shared Cast base.
- Serve as a functional / subject matter expert of the operation.
- Participate in departmental meetings and communicate relevant information to Cast Members.
- Participate and provide operational perspective in project planning and LOB departmental meetings.
- Make balanced day-to-day operational decisions that benefit Guests, Cast Members and the demands of the business
- Manage daily staffing levels and anticipate shift coverage needs based on demand. Drive and deliver daily results
- Support local projects and monitor any potential impacts to the Guest and Cast experience
- Serve as a change agent, taking calculated risks to integrate processes, removing barriers and aligning performance goals of the hourly Cast
- Minimum of 1-3 years of leadership/managerial experience, demonstrating professionalism and maturity
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making
- Recognized as a positive leadership role model
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of food and wine, with certification level 2 from the Court of Master Sommelier or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of The Forbes Restaurant Standards.
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a team environment, hold self and others accountable, as well as the ability to deal effectively with conflict with strong partnering and networking skills
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as with teams
- Demonstrated operational guest service experience and guest service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated strong organization, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and adaptable to new technology
- Ability to actively coach Cast Members to correct behavior across lines of business.
- Ability to understand the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts and holidays
- May partner, train, and oversee locations including Food and Beverage, Attractions, Retail and Custodial
- Minimum of Two years in Table service/Fine dining
- High School Graduate
- Sommelier Certification
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.