Hairstylist - Tenaya Stone Spa - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1036017BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 06, 2022
As a Licensed Hair Stylist at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, you will be responsible for providing Guests with professional hair and makeup services at Tenaya Stone Spa. This includes, consultations in the art of makeup application and professional cuts, styles and therapeutic treatments for hair.
- Provide consistent professional hair and makeup services in accordance with Tenaya Stone Spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Ability to effectively perform all spa treatments and services as defined by the position being performed
- Broad understanding of color symmetry/coordination and understand the use and effects of different textures (frost, shimmer, etc.)
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors, textures and application techniques
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and Tenaya Stone Spa policies and procedures
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle Guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by Guests ensuring complete Guest satisfaction
- Attend mandatory training to maintain knowledge of current spa policies, procedures and trends
- Must be able to perform all hair/makeup services offered by Tenaya Stone Spa
- Previous experience in a Spa or Hotel environment;
- Ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations independently, while confidently utilizing service recovery methods
- Must currently hold and maintain state Cosmetologist or Barber license with state of California
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently
- Spiel memorization and delivery
- Knowledgeable about The Disneyland Resort and surrounding area
Basic computer knowledge
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; Shifts may start as early as 6:00 AM, while some may end as late as 10:00 PM. Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work Friday evenings and have Saturday or Sunday availability and available to work all holidays and all peak seasons
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs, DLRSpa, DLR Spa, DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.