Horticultural Exterminator (IPM) - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1156570BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 16, 2023
Responsibilities:Horticulture related pest-control duties include:
- Identification of insects, rodents, and birds and maintain a practical knowledge of best control methods
- Performing plant and plant-disease identification
- Applying corrective measures to plant material as required
- Track work performance and handle the Cast in the daily and weekly scheduling needs
- Assist in the selection of treatment methods and the most applicable program to address the observed issue
General integrated pest-management responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all pest-control-related equipment (including rinsate collection and pesticide-warehouse facility) are maintained and in good working condition
- Identifying insects and disease that relate to ornamental pest control
- Performing preventive maintenance of pest related problems
- Maintaining “Disney Show” quality
- Keeping the inside of vehicles clean, organized and restocked
- Keeping the back-of-house areas in compliance with Disneyland Resort standards
Basic Qualifications:Schedule Availability
Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience
- California Qualified Applicator License or Certificate
- Proven understanding of plant, insect, weed, and disease identification
- Plant-identification ability
- Working knowledge of: Soils and fertilizers - Cultural principals for optimum-plant health - Beneficial insects/entomology, and soil chemistry
- Experience with spray equipment and application of pesticides
- Strong Digital Literacy
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Working knowledge and ability to operate Microsoft Excel or equal as well as other project management systems/programs used to help lead the work
- Office skills to assist Cast in organization, efficiency and effectiveness of the applications
- Degree in Horticulture, Entomology, Soil Science, or equivalent
Additional Information:Individuals assigned to the Horticulture Integrated Pest Management Applicator (Horticulture Exterminator) position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class and Respiratory Protection Training class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual blood cholinesterase test.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting
The pay rate for this role in California is $28.00 to $34.10 per hour, which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.