Hotel Culinary, Full Time & Part Time - $1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 995311BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jun. 06, 2022
Hotel Culinary opportunities may include:
Restaurant Dinner Cook, $19.10 per hour
Restaurant Order Cook, $17.70 per hour
Banquets Dinner Cook, $19.10 per hour
Banquets Pantry, $17.20 per hour
$1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Restaurant Dinner Cook
$1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Restaurant Order Cook
$1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Banquets Dinner Cook
$1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive for Banquets Pantry
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, Cast Members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A Cast Member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to May 28, 2022 or after July 02, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks stocks, soups, sauces, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in hotels and restaurants
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures it from storage
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking according to personal judgment and experience. Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks to order menu items for all meals throughout the day, including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner meal periods
- Ability/Knowledge on use of grill, gas range, electric range, broiler, deep fat fryer, serving table, waffle iron, griddle, skillets, and other standard kitchen equipment.
- Prepares all breakfast items to order, (including eggs any style), meats, fish, poultry, and vegetables, to be fried, broiled or grilled
- Knowledge and understanding of basic temperatures and food safety
- Prepares exhibition omelets, pastas, sandwiches and pizzas
- May be assigned as an attendant at a carving station
- Prepares, measures, mixes, (follows recipes) and/or cooks basic appetizers (hot/cold), garnishes, salads, entrees, sandwich fillings and other food items temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- May wash, slice and peel vegetables and fruit. May carve and slice meat and cheese. Produces garde manger work for banquets and restaurants May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation. May prepare sandwiches to individual order or on a production line basis.
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients to make dressings, batters, fillings and spreads. May bake, broil, cook, fry or steam food items as required to complete assigned production.
- Responsible for ensuring food is cooked to proper standards.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures.
- Passion for Culinary and delighting our Guests with food!
- Minimum 2 years experience in culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent experience required with less than 2 years experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Proficient knife skills
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Organizational skills; Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to production requirements
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent highly preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs, DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, hiring bonus, hiringbonus, incentive, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.