Already applied?View Dashboard
Hotel Executive HousekeeperApply Now Apply Later Job ID 684160BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 08/12/2019
Manage departmental budget to include labor, operating expense, and oversight of inventory and supply orders and maintenance of par levels. Inspire and foster an environment focused on safety and cleanliness. Drive a vision for the operation which helps connect the housekeeping function to the overall Guest experience.
Serve as a leader and teacher of excellence in safety, courtesy, show and efficiency to Cast Members. Support, execute and sustain a vision that inspires exceptional Guest service. Model Disney Leadership competencies and promote the Disney service. Motivates and engages frontline Cast Members and salaried leaders through inspirational leadership and storytelling.
Lead the execution of processes and procedures to exceed Guest expectations and to deliver consistent high quality Guest Service. Ensure target metrics and any legal and regulatory requirements are met. Develop and transfer knowledge and skills to entry level salaried leaders and frontline Cast.
Models and ensures effective communication and promotes positive relationships within and across lines of business, peers, vendors and union to achieve a successful day-to-day operation.
Enable an environment that encourages development of Cast at all levels to build teams that reflect the Cast we lead and the Guests we serve.
- Operate a multifunctional and multiunit business balancing competing priorities and unplanned day to day situations.
- Responsible for and leads a diversified team of salaried leaders with multigenerational and multilingual hourly Cast teams ensuring consistent delivery of an exceptional Guest and Cast experience.
- Manage the financial performance of departmental expenses by ensuring on-going metrics such as labor, overtime, cost of sales, and other expense meet Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual operating plan, 5-year plan, and capital planning.
- Ensure compliance with any and all regulatory requirements.
- Drive continuity through leadership of all front-line positions in the operating area including salaried leaders, interns, union and non-union hourly Cast, trainers and coordinators/leads.
- Provides direction regarding the coaching, discipline, and termination of hourly Cast Members. May attend grievance hearings with collective bargaining units and union business agents.
- Identify and develop potential in hourly and salaried Cast Members to build leadership teams that reflect the Cast we lead and the Guests we serve.
- Serve as a mentor to salaried leaders within the organization. Serve as a role model to direct-report leaders and front-line Cast Members for professionalism. Serve as a teacher or subject matter expert to peers about operating area of responsibility.
- Operate day-to-day independently overseeing multiple units and/or experiences. Authority to make decisions about the operating area to ensure an exceptional Guest experience. Will interface with executives, other senior leaders and peers to make decisions which have a broader impact to the overall Guest and Cast experience.
- Demonstrated budget and scheduling management skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader
- Demonstrated strong Guest Service skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills
- Proven experience and strong understanding of working in a union environment
- Demonstrated experience leading salaried leaders
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
- Ability to lift 17 pounds
- Ability to push/pull up to 85 pounds
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Spanish
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management or equivalent
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.