Already applied?View Dashboard
Hotel Line/Dinner Cook-Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724556BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
The starting rate for Dinner Cook is $18.10 per hour.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks stocks, soups, sauces, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in hotels and restaurants
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures it from storage
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- Formulates and prepares complex recipes including bakers/pastry recipes and high-end specialty desserts for banquets and fine-dining restaurants
- May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking according to personal judgment and experience. Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Responsible for ensuring food is cooked to proper standard
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the culinary field with a focus on high volume production
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and an ability to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Must have proficient knife skills
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: dlrcasting, dlr casting, DLRResortRoles, DLRCulinary, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.