Already applied?View Dashboard
Industrial Engineer - Multiple LevelsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 373133BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 06/07/2018
The Disney Parks and Resorts Industrial Engineering team applies a comprehensive set of Industrial Engineering techniques (e.g., statistics, simulation) to conduct highly-complex business analysis, particularly in the areas of operational planning support, capacity/demand analysis, and productivity/process improvement. Industrial Engineers communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports.
- Consult with clients to improve business results through operational planning support, capacity/demand analysis and productivity/process improvement
- Apply Industrial Engineering techniques (e.g. statistics, simulation, forecasting, optimization) to solve complex business problems
- Conduct field studies and data collection efforts in support of sophisticated modeling and analysis
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Basic QualificationsThis posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Disney Parks and Resorts Industrial Engineering. We will be interviewing talent from within this pool to fill Associate Industrial Engineer, Industrial Engineer and Sr. Industrial Engineer level positions. These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for these positions:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of applied experience.
- Experience conducting field studies/data collection efforts and analyses, including familiarity with capacity/demand analysis and modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated superior analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others to handle multiple priorities in a challenging operational environment.
- Demonstrated strong consulting skills and experience with consulting or quality improvement teams.
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, databases, statistical and graphics software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under changing conditions.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding of Disney heritage and a commitment to change and excellence.
- 2-4 years of applied experience
- Broad understanding of The Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Business or equivalent.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.