Already applied??View Dashboard
Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship Disneyland: Summer 2020
- Multiple levels
- Relationship expertise
“To someone who really doesn't know what they want to do within industrial engineering, Disney is the perfect place to work because we have basically our own little city here. We've got cast members who are planting trees, painting surfaces, maintaining attractions, as well as those operating stores, food and beverage locations, shows and attractions. It's really a unique opportunity in that we have so many different areas that you could support within the same company.”Alex, Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship
Company Overview: Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
Segment Overview: Since its opening in 1955, the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California has welcomed guests of all ages from around the globe. The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure park – plus the Downtown Disney District comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s three hotels are the luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; the magical Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its "day-at-the-beach" fun.
Department Overview: Want to be part of a world-class organization, learning new skills that you can apply in the “real world”? How about free admission to theme parks and all the shopping and restaurants you can get your hands on? If this doesn't sound like your typical Industrial Engineering position, that’s because it’s not! Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment. It may even serve as a springboard in launching a successful career. You will have the opportunity to network and learn from other Industrial Engineers and make friendships that cover the globe.
- Conduct Industrial Engineering analysis projects, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, capacity utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, computer simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.) are applied in projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with all levels of cast and management
Basic Qualifications :
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- For co-ops: ability to work multiple, rotating terms from 3-6 months in duration
- Must be fully available from May 2020 to August 2020.
Required Education :
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding.)
Additional Information :
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, California
Housing: For positions based in Anaheim, California, a limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May to August 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload your transcript:
Log into your dashboard
Click the second tab "Applications"
Select "Submitted Applications"
Click on the title of this position
Click the "Add Files" button
Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.