Infrastructure Engineer - Fiber/Cabling
Anaheim, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692802BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 02/08/2019
The Communications Engineer position in Business Network Design Services participates in delivery of physical infrastructure services that support Disneyland Resort services including all voice and data services. Responsibilities include; contribute to network facilities design, documenting and communicating roadmaps and standards as well as participating in all physical network infrastructure (cabling, cabinets, HVAC, UPS, etc.) related matters and technology.
This key technology position works closely with the Segments as well as the various network services teams to contribute to the overall physical infrastructure strategy, architecture, and define designs, technology selection, and deployment of solutions that meet business demand. Responsibilities include; collecting requirements, identifying technologies / vendors, network design, prioritizing activities, implementation, vendor oversight and transitioning these solutions to Operations. This position also interfaces with the Outsource Supplier to communicate network standards and requirements and conducts reviews of Supplier recommended projects to ensure the design meets the business objectives and improves service delivery.
- Delivers business unit related projects, including researching, configuration and recommending new technologies in association with the project request and developing scope-of-work requirements for the project development and bid. Creates and/or reviews design for adherence to BNDS strategy, standards and security policy.
- Develops physical layer, including coordinating project resources and providing status reports to management and project team.
- Determines labor costs as well as equipment and wiring costs for each project and manages the project expenses to the estimates, identifies new and improved methods that can be used to satisfy infrastructure requirements and provides technical material needed for the documentation of each new infrastructure project.
- Tracks timeline and financial forecast against stated objectives, ensures proper transition to operations with required KPI's, design documentation.
- Utilizes creativity and initiative in exploring alternative means of completing assignments.
- Closely collaborates with the network delivery services department in defining and documenting services and associated service levels to ensure a consistent delivery model for network services in local region including required training to support new technologies.
- Implement technical aspects of the network facilities strategy, architecture, design, and documenting/communicating roadmaps and standards as well as participates in all physical network infrastructure (cabling, cabinets, HVAC, GPON, UPS, etc.) related matters and technology.
- Demonstrate technical acumen, business acumen, strong communication skills and professional maturity in representing the department in business discussions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in designing network environments and working with groups of teams towards a common objective.
- Conducts capacity planning surveys to ensure technical and operational models meet overall building and business requirements.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of facility requirements for Telecommunications Rooms build-out, including but not limited to, power, HVAC, PDUs, and Grounding and Bondinga
- Researches technologies and products and meets with vendor, addresses technical issues/deficiencies and influence new products and services to meet growing and changing requirements
- Night and weekend work will be required from time to time as required in support of project requirements
- Previous work in technical related area. 3-5 years’ experience in design and network support functions
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and successfully completes in a timely manner.
- Prioritization & time management skills required to manage various projects & tasks concurrently & efficiently.
- Strong communication and relationship skills, with emphasis in the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, leadership, and outside parties.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, especially electrical and low voltage
- MS Office and MS Visio proficiency
- BICSI - RCDD - A Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD®) is an individual who has demonstrated knowledge in the design, integration and implementation of telecommunications and data communications technology systems and related infrastructures.
- Experience in interpretation of building construction, electrical, and infrastructure blueprints
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT proficiency (preferred, not required)
- Knowledge of EIA/TIA standards and building codes and wiring requirements.
- Fiber optic cabling and connectors
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.