Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963415BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 07, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsibilities:As a Lead Software Engineer on the Lodging Technology Experiences team, you will be creating innovative solutions by creating and executing strategic technical direction in support of the Disneyland Resort technology portfolio. This will include planning and overseeing development activities delivered by both internal and vendor development resources. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record of integrating complex vendor-hosted SaaS solutions.
The Lead Software Engineer is expected to:
- Implement SaaS vendor product integration, cloud integration, and application integration
- Coordinate with third party product configurator to oversee technical decisions, product configuration, customization, and implementation of business features
- Own and lead large development programs and teams where a project comprises of many components from Ideation through implementation.
- Communicate with both technical and business users, with the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations.
- Oversee, influence and mentor collaborative project teams, inclusive of on-shore and off-shore development resources, key clients, and other technical groups in the organization
- Lead team members in the delivery of technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency, and integrate best engineering practices.
- Perform code reviews on a regular basis and set up best practices.
- Provide technical direction and evaluate the quality of deliverables.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Participate in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Work independently and delivering on agreed upon timelines.
- Demonstrate strong practice of agile development in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies
- Create and follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code
- Create and maintain documentation, procedures, and work instructions for development or operations team.
- Exercise creativity to dynamically evaluate business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- A minimum of eight (8) years of software development experience
- Experience collecting, reviewing, and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Experience writing technical documentation, and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
- Proven technical leadership, with the ability to inspire and coach other technical members to perform at their highest potential.
- Eight to twelve years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, mobile-first applications, and major SaaS solutions
- Expert-level knowledge of microservices, RESTful Web Services or APIs.
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components and major SaaS solutions
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing, and continuous integration
- Monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, and New Relic
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Soft Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Property Management System in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with hotel room key technology
- Experience in mobile application development and release management
- Experience in payment integration and industry standards
- Experience in developing integrations under HTNG schema
- Experience in grand opening of a new hotel property
- Experience in IOT in the hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.