Maintenance Engineer - Hotels - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1149051BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do.
Our Maintenance Engineers perform general maintenance duties such as, but not limited to the following: operate and maintain boilers, Industrial-Laundry equipment, compressors, refrigeration equipment, generators, audio/video systems, and lighting systems and all appurtenant equipment driven by steam, electricity, gas, air, diesel, water, or any other power developing energy.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the industrial-laundry facility and equipment to include washers, dryers, ironers, spreaders, folders, and steam presses
- Maintain, repair, alter, modify, recondition, replace, clean, and lubricate all Resort equipment or facilities
- Perform woodworking, painting, wall papering, carpet, tile and other finish related duties as required
- Interact with Guests and other Cast Members answering questions, providing directions, event information and other service to create a magical experience for our Guests
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining laundry-facility equipment with daily repairs including equipment adjustments, re-setting control formulas for washers, dryers, spreaders, stackers, and folding equipment
- Ability to complete work orders in the computerized maintenance program.
- Understand energy managements systems and operators
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems
- Schedule Availability - Shifts are typically at night, and individuals must have availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st – Day Shift, 2nd – Swing Shift, and 3rd – Graveyard Shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
Preferred Qualifications:Prior experience in the maintenance of hotel guest rooms and public spaces
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Engineer position may be required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class, and Lead Awareness class. They may be also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.
Shifts are typically at night, and individuals must have availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere
The pay rate for this role in California is $34.00 per hour.
Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.