Manager, DLR Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727141BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
- Lead team responsible for consolidation of the Long Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan and Monthly Forecast financial planning processes for the Disneyland Resort. Proactively anticipate next steps, future opportunities, and/or future challenges to financial performance
- Understand, review and summarize key business drivers impacting operating performance through the course of different planning cycles. Includes preparation of comprehensive business reviews and updates to various Executive-level audiences
- Recognize business risks or opportunities and bring them, along with context and ideas regarding causes and possible solutions, to Senior DLR leadership
- Regularly interact with DLR Site Executives and Finance Leadership on matters concerning the broader site and various business areas. Coordinate cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders on a regular basis
- Partner closely with Operations Finance, Revenue Management, Financial Reporting and Financial Systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency of key processes. Build agreements, remain flexible, and resolve differences
- Support Segment Finance teams and makes recommendations to achieve financial targets
- Display a strong, consistent and vocal Finance point of view, remaining neutral and objective on business issues; maintain ability to influence client/partner thinking at all levels
- Build high team morale and group commitment. Provide leadership, guidance, and motivation to a fast pace, high-performing team
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in finance, planning and/or strategy functions
- Leadership experience in Finance with strong financial and analytical background; excellent track record of achievement, advancement, and performance
- Demonstrated experience with consolidation, budgeting, forecast planning and variance analysis for large complex organizations
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills with ability to translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong knowledge of financial systems and software (Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Longview / Khalix); advanced proficiency in excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence partners and key business decisions; proven ability to lead teams and build relationships across the company
- Excellent written and communication skills. Proven ability to synthesize financial information into a concise story and communicate the story to various levels of leadership
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced and vibrant environment
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience managing staff
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Prior experience in management consulting, investment banking or strategic/financial planning
- Background in the media/entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- MBA, CPA or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.